The Islamic Society is an officially affiliated society with the UCL Union and has been operating for a number of years. The Islamic Society is a non-politically affiliated society dedicated to catering for the needs of Muslim students/staff on campus.
Our aims as mandated by our constitution are:
1) To present and enhance the understanding of Islam as a complete way of life to Muslims and non-Muslims alike through stimulating debate and discussion.
2) To provide key services for Muslim students/staff including the weekly Friday Prayer and food for Muslims during the Islamic month of Ramadan.
3) To educate and support Muslims in their studies where relating to traditional Islamic sciences, contemporary and historical issues or academic studies.
4) To disseminate information on Islam to non-Muslims and work to maintain harmonious relations with other societies.
5) To implement all of the above according to the Quran, Sunnah (methodology of the Prophet) and Islamic Jurisprudence.
The Islamic Society holds a number of events throughout the year with the purpose of fulfilling the aforementioned aims and is always open to feedback and suggestions!